Thursday, October 20, 2022

5.3.4 Data Entry Facts

Excel has many functions that can be hard to remember. One feature that I particularly like that is mentioned in this section of Chapter 5 is the "Freeze Pane Feature"! This is a feature that I like to use when dealing with a form that needs to be properly filled out. An example I have is, as usual, from work. The employee's have a tool allowance that I keep track of on an excel spreadsheet. Who ever managed it before did not utilize the "Freeze Top Row" which contains the names of what goes into each field. They must have had the fields already memorized. Me, being a recent hire, could not remember each field. Each time I would scroll to enter a deduction I could not remember what information went where since scrolling down move away from the top row that contained the titles of each column. That's when "Freeze Top Row" came in handy for me. There is so much more to learn in Excel and I am here for it. :-)

15 comments:

  1. I cannot imaging working in a medium or large sized spreadsheet without Freeze Pane!

    Very glad to hear you can use it and are here to learn more in Microsoft Excel :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same, currently using this for my weekly planer ^_ ^ truly a life saver.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mind froze after reading about the Freeze Pane feature. I've been slacking to do my LabSim and I'm dreading the moment when I'm eventually gonna shut my laptop screen in rage. I really like the scenery in this photo! It matches the colors of your blog well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is any interesting feature for Excel I can imagine the hassle of a very large company spreadsheet not having this feature.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This chapter is a nightmare for me to study! I have never used them or had a chance to use them! But I believe we can succeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Freezing panes are extremely helpful when working with Excel spreadsheets with lots of data.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Freeze pane is very helpful when using large spreadsheets.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excel is definitely a beast to be reckoned with, in a good way of course. Going into Excel has taught me so many new features and it is amazing. I knew about the freeze panes but I've learned many new ways to configure them. I'm grateful for this learning opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything you are learning is helping you on your job. Nothing could be better. Excel is a lot and well worth the learning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The freeze pane feature is a very cool feature. I never used it before, but I will from here on.

    ReplyDelete
  11. If I had a lot of data to process on a Excel sheet, using freeze pane makes it a breeze to complete the work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was genuinely surprised to hear that Excel was capable of such things when I first learnt about this feature.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was surprised that Excel is so advanced. I am having trouble grasping some concepts in Excel but I will keep trying and perfecting functions and formulas to make data entry easier.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's great that this class is helping make your work life easier!

    ReplyDelete